Thread: TUBliss gen2
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:45 PM

I have the Tubliss Gen 2. Noticeably more expensive than Gen 1, but has thicker material on the inner tube. Everthing else looks the same.

My Gen 1 front inner tube failed where the high pressure valve stem is located. The valve stem is above the inside of the rim due to the valve stem nut thickness. This nut is essential since the stem is a constant diameter. The nut prevents the stem from extruding out the rim hole when pressurized.

The height difference stretches the inner tube more when it expands under pressure. The same failure point was evident in the rear Gen 1 tube, it just had not failed yet. The extra thickness of the Gen 2 tube should reduce this tendency. I also machined the stem nut to better fit the rim to reduce the height difference and improve the situation.

The Tubliss works well; however you need to check the high pressure side every few weeks. It bleeds down gradually; mine goes from 100psi to 80psi in 3-4 weeks. On the low pressure side I run 12psi front and 8psi rear. The low pressure does not vary.

I have no experience with a mousse. The mousse is likely a simpler system and might be less effort overall.