View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 AM

I'm 5'9" 190 lbs, decent but not great shape. I work out daily, in a work subsidised health club. Usually run three miles on a treadmill then do either a gravitron upper body workout followed by Cybex shoulder and chest machines, or leg press (alternate days). Abs every day. Not the best plan but I try to get the most out of my available 45-60 min at lunch. I too starve after a workout, and usually hit the Itailain place across the street for a salad with chicken to eat at my desk.

The club just got this workout system called TRX. Its basically a set of straps with either hand grips or foot holds that hang from the ceiling, and you do a series of exercises usiing you own body weight, with an instructer that paces you. Picture pushups with your feet in stirrups off the floor, or pullups with your body at a 45 deg angle, its brutal! The key is you also have to stabilize yourself, so the core workout is incredible! I have a pretty strong upper body for my size, did a 20 min demo and it kicked my ass, some guys with me could not do all the exercises. This is probably the best thing I've done yet for a total body workout applicable to off road riding, its great. I just have to wait for enough interest at lunch for a class to start. Six week program of this with a trainer will put you in good shape.