View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 AM

I think the first thing that must happen is a total commitment from GG Spain to the US market/importer, and a mission statement to that effect.

The most damage to sales is done by lack of consumer confidence. Fear of parts availability and resale are the two reasons I hear why a rider decided not to buy a GG, even if he liked the bike better. You know, the play it safe and buy a KTM herd mentality. The parts issue we know is false but resale value is low and is important to some people. Much of this has been caused by the previous instability. They have to provide that stability. I think it takes much longer to build confidence than to shake it. Every change was a damaging move, will take reinvestment to fix, and will not produce overnight results. Cagiva/MV/Husky as a company came back from the edge, GasGas can do it too and its just here where the problem lies. Its a vicious circle that has to be broken.

Can some one tell me how the US trials market is? The trials importer seems to run a stable operation. I suppose the field is more level as all of the trials bikes are from small mfgs.

Bottom line is we need bikes, parts, and support for a cost and on a timeline that is competitive if not better than the others. If this can be done and maintained through a "rebuild" phase, along with continued excellent products, I'd bet things will start to take care of themselves.