View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Long course is all about fitness and pace to me. In 06 it was just about finishing strong. If you can charge on the 3rd loop, then you will be competitive, lots of time can be taken out of the others in your class on the 3rd loop. If you can't, then you will be 5th on back. It is a different ball game all together. Just requires more commitment. I just rode every single weekend. Tried to do 70-80 miles riding hard every weekend. That is what I was doing when I broke my foot, getting in a training ride a few days before an enduro. If you really want to win, just start a cardio routine 3 times a week for an hour. That helped me too, but I'm still just running on talent. When I move up to A in the future, everything just gets bumped up a notch. The riding, training, maintenance, seriousness, everything. So to be competitive, I will have to get serious about working out.

Start now for 08, hit em' hard in the first two races and break their will to continue!

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F