View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:31 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperrider1 View Post
I'm a past GG owner. Had an 11 250 Six Days, and a 12 300. Right now I'm riding a YZ250X which has been a good bike with superb suspension once factory connection dialed it in. Just looking to change things up and was looking at an 18 XC300. Did the 300 lack top end compared to the 250? Any more vibes out of the 300 vs the 250?
Hmm. I've gotta think back about 6 months to what I remember of the test ride... I gotta great memory, it's just really short.

The vibes on both bikes seem about the same. Which is to say they are nearly non-existent compared to the old GasGas bikes.

The testbike I rode was an EC300. Which should sign off just a little earlier than the XC300 IIRC. It felt electric through the powerband. What I mean by that is that it was very consistent. No arm ripping powerband, just constant power all the way to the top. I did not find that it lacked top end, but obviously has the bottom end that the 250 lacks without "competent" clutch control.

I found the 300 easier to ride in general, and easier to powerwheelie, but found the 250 faster, lighter feeling in singletrack, and easier to ride fast. Basically exactly what you would expect from each bike.

IMO the 300 is a better playbike, and better all-round dirtbike. But the 250 is a better racebike, and better enduro bike. If you just wanna go mess around with your buddies the 300 is the better choice, but unless you're good enough to get paid to race you'll be faster on the 250.