View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM

The circuit is the pin 17 +12V permanent listed in the wiring diagram to the ECU. It is a brown wire fed off of Fuse F7.

There is a dead short in the circuit inside the ECU. I put a current limiting resistor to try to test voltage drops, but the power feed seems to feed all the chips and transistors in the unit, not sure how to isolate which one has the short without cutting the circuit up physically.

I bought the bike from my brother in law, J a yr and a half ago. (Put 140 hrs on it in the first year riding with him on his '08 Husaberg fe 550, then slacked off a bit this winter).

Hopefully we can get some spare ecu parts or a used ecu to get the bike back on the trail.

We ahve the idea of buildinig a new ecu system based around a Micro Squirt product. Probably for a budget of $475 and it should also eleviate those pesky cold starting issues and be much more reliable system for the duration of my ownership. The Magnetti Marellis seem a little fragile.

With fears creaping in of my Magnetti Marelli smoking out on me 45 miles from the trail head in the North Cascade Mountains...he may be on to something.

Any thoughts, ideas, comments?

I really wish I would have had this problem in February!

Last edited by T.Low; 05-24-2011 at 01:20 PM.