View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 AM

Smile Marzocchi 48mm CC Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I think the TTX is too complicated. I have a hard time setting it up.
Yes, the TTX can be confusing. However, understanding how the shock is working before making adjustments is key. The TTX works on the premise of pressure balance, hence the "twin tube" design, which balances the pressure on both sides of the main piston. A conventional shock does not have this feature. I have good notes on the TTX function if anyone wants them.

The TTX is in my opinion one of the best shocks out there, and stands to get even better for 2012 with the updated adjusters (Lo/Hi Comp & Reb), the CSC adjuster is now gone for the 2012 model TTX shocks, which did have a tendency to confuse riders. In addition, the TTX requires a shock bleed pump for service, without one the shock will not work properly.

I just returned from Italy, where I spent the last two days of my trip at the Andreani Group, getting additional training on the TTX and Marzocchi straight from the factory boys who work with the WEC riders. Feel free to shoot me any questions if you have issues with your TTX or Marzocchi, I'ld be glad to help out.

Cheers!
Downingtown, PA 19335
484.593.0095 shop
evan@solid-performance.com
www.solid-performance.com