Thread: Ec 144
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 AM

GasGas, what was the hiccup? Mechanic at the Husky shop I do business has had CR125's bored to 144 and bored and stroked to 153. He prefered the 144, as he thought 153 lost over rev. he was so dissapointed he put a 125 top end back on. He is a real classic 125 guy though... all speed control is with the lever on the left while pinned. He switched to KTM 200 and 250's for awhile, but came back to a Husky 125

GMP, what 125's were having reliability issues? Most people I know have had good luck with EG. It's said that a draw back of EG's kit is that the ring gap on the Wiseco piston is big to start with and has a short life. This may not be much of a change on Japanese bikes, but Euro 125 guys are used to longer ring and piston life. I question his low end porting on some bikes though. Power doesn't seem smooth, he just puts a huge hit down low. I was hoping Husky would offer the Factory Race Team (CHRacing) 144 kit that Antoine Meo has used in European MX/SX and Italian National Enduro Series. There was talk that Husky might import a WR144 kitted bike, but that evaporated.