View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
Lots of great input that I will most certainly incorporate: No carbs after 2 pm, Weight Watchers or Calorie Counter App for my phone, warm up and cool downs, 500 less calories a day (guy I work with has lost 25 lbs since first of year by simply cutting 500 calories a day and burning 500 calories a day on treadmill), riding more often (tough, but I am going to try).

I am also considering signing up for a Yoga class once a week. I know this can be a little "granola" and I would fit the stereotype of a typical Portlandia, but I have heard great things from fellow firefighters and I would promise not to buy a Subaru Forrester or shop at Whole Foods

Warning, eliminating carbs after 2:00, while very effective, is not as easy as it sounds. I found that without some kind of carb, I still wanted to eat, even though my stomach was full. May have been just my body protesting the lack of quick fuel, but it was really tough. Worth it though. After you reach your goal, you can add good carbs back in, but keep it smart and keep it good. Stay away from breads, noodles, white rice. Brown rice okay, Dave's killer bread, okay.

On Yoga, I don't care if it's granola, Yoga works, it is amazing fo your flexibility, and even your strength.

One thing though, if you buy a Subaru, make it an STI. If you get a Forrester, then all of my premonitions about you were correct.... You're a lesbian.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs