View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

A 32-1 fuel oil ratio should provide plenty of lubrication no matter what your choice of oil. You stated that you spotted some rust on the power valve pivot rods, are you certain that its rust , race fuel can leave rusty coloured soot deposits that in your case could be mis- diagnosed as rust. The point of the query re: your choice of air filter oil is that a mechanic, machinist friend of mine as well as others, ktm talk engine builder Caflash have reported seeing abnormal top end wear strongly believed to be a result of the choice of air filter oil, the two that come to mind being my machinist friends negative experiance with Silkolene and Caflash's with No Toil aka no oil. A trick that I use to keep things in the cylinder lubricated between rides is when I shut off the bike at the end of a days ride I open the throttle fully and imediately hit the kill switch which draws in a oily fuel mixture that wont get burned but instead coats the internals till the next time the bike is fired up.