View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter99 View Post
-snip-
Now I found the Biketech OBD tool online for $1250, but before I jump to buying that I was going to put the call out to all my fellow Gas Gas enthusists to find out if there is a dealer or other shop in Washington or Oregon that has a diagnostic tool I can plug into to see if there's any codes I can clear and turn this boat anchor back into a motorcycle. I'm in Western Washington, But i'm willing to take a road trip if I have to.

I love it when it runs, best bike I've had yet. But does me no good if it wont start.

Thanks
The Magnetti Marelli Motorbike Diagnostic Program that is used by Gas Gas is also used (or was, in 2004) by Harley Davidson, Triumph, and Moto Guzzi (and maybe Ducatti). Just plug in the interface cable to the plug under the seat, near the battery. The user will have to first set the program to work for the "15P" ECU; and then it will diagnose the complete engine management system.

The dealer cost on that system was around $400 at the time, so I don't think it would be nearly as expensive as the program you mentioned. You may be able to get a semi-local dealership to put your bike on their diagnostic program for a nominal fee.

One more thought. One time, I couldn't figure out why the fuel pump on my 2003 FSE400 wasn't kicking on when I turned on the key. The most I could get was a "fast clicking" from the fuel pump relay. After waiting for and installing new fuel pump relays, I figured out that my battery was too weak to work the fuel pump. After a new battery, it ran fine, even after I reinstalled the old relays.

Good Luck with your problem.
Jim
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/

Last edited by Jim Cook; 08-18-2012 at 12:47 PM.