Thread: The Fleet
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 01:11 PM

Next installment. This is my dual sport and was my "everything" bike until I got my gasser.

Anyway I only had what I got out of my bike for a new one. So I started looking for these 3 bikes. Honda XR400, Yamaha WR400, and Kawasaki KLX300 (98-2004). The biggest downfall is all these bikes are kick start only and do not have a title from the dealership so they need converted. Lots of people do it but it takes time. And with my last title woes I just wanted to ride and go. Much to the chagrin of Gabe the XR was my last choice. Heaviest, oldest technology, worst suspension of the 3. I basically had a tie between the WR and KLX. Suspension is comperable on both. Power on the WR is way better almost 10 more HP. Which is alot on a dirtbike. KLX is the lightest by a large margin. 25lbs also a huge difference on a dirt bike.

Long story short I was negotiating with 2 people yesterday. 1 - WR400 in Pittsburgh with aftermarket suspension, pipe etc. I'm pretty sure it was a ripper. No title, bill of sale only. 2 - KLX300 in Akron with aftermarket pipe, suspension. Stock motor, but a street legal title. I ended up with this one. It's missing a rear fender but I'll get that. I wanted this bike more anyway because I like Kawasaki green and always have even since I was a kid. It's got a full street legal conversion kit etc which is worth about $1200. I got the whole bike for $1200. So I throwing caution to the wind and leaving after work on Wednesday, or earlier if I can driving the 6+ hours to Akron picking up the bike then driving home. I should be back in time for work on Thursday, which will suck.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife