View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Should be eh!
Went to ride once more, same symptoms but overheating a lot more. Basically i could only ride 1/4 throttle or less.

Took the carb out today, it was way richer than i remembered and float height was way way off.

What i did till now:
- adjusted the float height to 7.5 mm
- the jet was in good position (red #4, the position i like the most during the summer)
- changed the pilot from 40 to 38 (since the summer is in full swing, 37 celsius today)

Now on to the main jet, i would put a 175 instead of 180 BUT i don't have one. I only have a 172 that i used a couple of years ago in the summer with the NEDJ needle. Unfortunately i don't have time to order a 175 to go with the JD red needle, as i'm leaving in 3 days to my first ever hard enduro race (C class).
Am i safe with the 172 ?

Things i'll also do before the race that will impact the overheating:
- new piston rings + top end gaskets (i'm getting really close or already have passed the 40 hour mark on the piston)
- radiators (they are bent pretty bad, ordered some chinese ones, if they fit they go in for the race, if not i'll use the old ones)
- aluminium water pump mod (if it arrives on time, ordered but i don't have a tracking number for it)
- new fluids

I still have a ton to do for the bike and not all parts arrived, i won't have time to test the bike out before the race ... maybe stop on my way there, but it will be dark, hope it will work out just fine. If needed, i can stop on the track to fiddle with the jets/needles, but everything else needs to be in tip top condition.