View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 10:16 PM

[QUOTE=micko24;161945]I own both. I have a '12 gg 300 and '14 beta 300... I like the gg for it feeling planted. Love the beta for lightness, estart is amazing and is shorter in overall height... Also love the beta for it's cooling... My gg likes to puke, my beta is cool, calm and collected... But overall, I'm happy I got both [/QUOTE

How would you compare the motors since you have both 300s? I have a 300 GasGas and a 250 Beta. Very different motors which is not surprising since they are different sizes. Both of my bikes have the same 48mm PFP forks and they work very similarly. I would also say both turn and have equal stability. I have a set of Sachs and the bike is not as stable with these. I have not spent much time with the stock Sacks so do not over read into my comment. Both bikes have proven to be very durable.
Edit- Few more comments
I like the GasGas gear ratio spacing better
I actually think the Beta is more stable when set up right but turns just as well. Up until the Beta the GasGas was better than the 20 bikes before that.
Beta definitely has a lower seat height than my 11 with a tall seat
Beta Stock Jetting is good - You can set per chart and ride. Can be tuned but not needed.
Beta clutch spins faster which helps if you use a Rekluse.

Last edited by celler; 01-05-2016 at 08:27 PM.