View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:25 AM

Here's what was on the box of the Rekluse for my 2011 EC250 when I sold it (the clutch).

Definitely different strokes for different folks, but as for what works best for trail / enduro / singletrack? A properly manipulated manual clutch. Especially when the manual clutch is a hydraulic GasGas one that is the epitome of perfection.

My bike had the Rekluse on it when I bought it. I rode it for one ride with it on. I seriously don't understand how people ride difficult terrain with it. Precise metering of torque to the rear tire is EVERYTHING when it comes to technical riding, and an autoclutch does literally the exact opposite of that. While it does potentially smooth everything out (though only if you're unable to do it manually with a regular clutch), it decreases the control you have, not increases it.

I will say, though I don't like the product, the design and machine work on those Rekluse pieces is beyond magnificent. $1000 sounds expensive for one of their clutch kits, but as a mechanical engineer that works in a machine shop, I have no clue how they make any money on those pieces at $1000 sell price. They are truly works of both engineering and art.

Just my opinion.