View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 06:42 PM

Default Gearbox problem after rebuild

Hi guys
Long story short, bought a 2006 EC300 last year that had power like a scooter. But thanks to this forum i changed the needle and some other things, and wow what a bike it turned out to be. Spent more time on the 300 than i did on my R1. Everything went well until the end of the summer when it seized both crankshaft bearings. Now i have rebuild the engine and changed every bearing and seals, but it has even more problem now..
The plan was to start it for the first time in a year tonight.

I can't shift. It is in gear but i dont know which, and nothing happens when i pull the lever.
I also noticed that the kick starter don't return to the normal position. When i lift the kick lever up i can hear it click. I can kick start the bike but need to manually move up the lever.
I checked the service manual and took the time to make everything right. At least i thougt so. Unfurtunately i must have missed something.
I have filled the engine with oil, but no oil in the clutch yet. Is it important to fill and bleed the clutch before i could change the gears?

Anyone with the same problem? It would be great if it could be solved without splitting the engine again 🙈

Thanks!