View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaulnier View Post
1. Rear static and rider sag was about 5 to 10 mm too much per manual (don't have my notes with me). I increased the spring preload as much as I could with my hands, but it wasn't even a full turn in so I likely need more preload. I suspect the rear end is riding too low and taking weight off the front wheel.
I agree 100% that the forks need about 10 to 15 hours until they are consistent. It was the same on my 300.

When you say the sag was too much, are you talking about static or dynamic sag? While you can correct the static sag with more preload you cannot correct the dynamic sag by adding more preload. Only changing the spring for a firmer one will solve a too low tail. One of the biggest misunderstandings in motorcycle history btw.

If the tail hangs low when riding you just need a firmer spring. Many riders prefer a slightly low tail as it helps in the very fast sections, especially on sand or tacky mud.

The running wide effect can have different reasons, so you wont get around of playing with clickers, tyre pressures and bar psoitions.

Let us know how things are going

Cheers Doc