View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 10:51 PM

Thanks Qui-gon. I'm a little "different" and my posts sort of reflect that . I actually prefer the noise. Since I ride (a lot) on the street and dirt roads I want others to hear me! "Red Ginger" has always ran just fine but not spectacular. Throttle response was crisp, fuel economy ok, plug always looks perfect and she pulled to redline smoothly and easily. I just did not realize how choked she was until I pulled the baffle tube (?) out the end of the FMF. Noticeable increase in power across the rpm range. Then I gutted it except for spark arrestor. Damn! Now we're talking! What was odd was that the bike barely ran with just the head pipe. Stalled, no idle. Like I said, I HATE the way the FMF looks and love the Krieger. The increase in performance with the FMF gutted made the decision to gut the Krieger a no brainer. Turns out it was a GREAT move. "Red Ginger" now runs and sounds like what a high performance 4 stroke should. She's faster in a drag race than Mac's 510 Husky. Sounds better too.

They both (FMF and Krieger) now sound good (and loud) and the performance is about the same. In stock form the Krieger compared to the FMF was a joke. Gutted they are equal.

The plan is if when I go to the forest where I need a SA I'll just slip the FMF on. When "styling" around the big town of Gilbert I'll always have my pretty Kreiger on. They can hear me coming and when they look I'll look cool

I realize noise is an issue for some but where I live and ride it's not and I'm happy for that!
Ed
p.s.....I can never remember how to spell "Krieger" so I spell it both ways..."Kreiger and Krieger"...brain damage and all that...........

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!