View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The next morning came too early, likely caused by the whisky previously mentioned. JP took the onus of making breakfast and afterward we jumped in the rigs and headed back to the south ice cave staging area. We planned a different loop this time, hitting a few of the same trails as the day before, but adding a great variety that made the day way enjoyable.

I think we were closer to 60 miles for the second day, which again was a good chunk as JP and I had to head back over the hills once the ride was done. Although it was dusty as heck, the ride flowed perfectly for the 2nd day and we made good time the entire ride. That said, we did decide to head up to the lookout tower for a bite to eat and break and holy carp it was packed with riders. I don't think I've ever passed so many peeps going one way or the other. It was a great day to be up there though, the views were incredible and the lookout tower was open as a forest service peep was keeping fire watch.

We slowly wound our way back to staging and finished the ride without seeing too many other riders. It was a great day of riding, lots of fast, flowing trails that were completely enjoyable. Made it back to staging without issue, just hot and dusty, so we loaded up and started the long slog back over the mountains.