View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 01:06 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoride View Post
Hi There,

Im offered a Gas Gas 250 f 2010,
Im Interested Because of the reliable Yamaha Engine on it.
The Bike has low hours and The Owner seems to not ever touched the carb,etc.

So I assume its bone stock with no mods.

I will Like to know all the cheap DIY Mods for this bike...carb,derestrictions etc.
So Il be more happy and enjoy a bog free bike with a bit of more punch into it.

I read here about oring mod,grey cable,throttle stop removal,squirt...jetting,etc. I have no Idea about this carb or bike BTW.
Been on 2st for long time...

Could someone direct me in the MUST DO MODS for this Yami Engine in this 2010 Gas Gas ?

For recomended Jetting
Im at 698 Meters above sea Level
Normal Pump 98 Gas (Im in Spain)
Temps for this coming weeks willl be between 10c to 20c..and going up as the summer begins to kick in...

Really Aprecciate all the help and info Guys !
Welcome to the list!

I have no first hand experience with the 250F, but one of my friends had one a few years ago. Now, he is on a 2018 EC250.
I don't think he modified the engine or carb settings, but he did a lot to the suspension (TTX fork inserts etc). He was quite happy with the bike, but you have to perform frequent oil changes, as the bike has no external oil tank. The Yamaha bike using the same engine has such a tank, but in the Gasgas the engine is converted to wet sump.
If you are looking for performance increases, I guess sites that deal with the WR250 has a lot of suggestions. One thing that Gasgas did offer at the time was a 300kit. Athena barrel and piston if memory serves me right.
Another option I seem to remember is using YZF camshafts (or perhaps only the exhaust one).

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc