View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Had any of the other cdi's been marked as 2 dot?

I have a mate with a 250 XC here in Aus. He has the CRB-1 and never flashed. Couple hundred hours on it and has been stoked.

I have the CLK, never flashed and runs well. I've had the head modded though so not apples to apples either.

The parts fiches/exploded diagrams and parts listings also show 2 different cdi's depending on the flywheel/stator that is used. I believe if you upgrade the CDI you're meant to change the flywheel as well. Perhaps that's what you're seeing. I bet your CRB is a single dot, not flashed.. and you're probably getting a bit more punch with it being an XC cdi too.
Yes the CRB is a single dot. I tried researching but gave up because the info is so scattered. That is one thing I do like better about my YZ450 is there is so much easy to access information. Apples to oranges though I guess

I am just happy it is working now. The trick now is to ride it as much as possible to build confidence in it being actually fixed, this has been a long saga for me and I am still paranoid.