View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 05:26 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I really do not know. There is a BMS in there (Battery Management System) that will balance the cells, but I don't know how good it is. And the regulator of this old Ducati isn't the most advanced in the world. OTOH, I have a generic LiFePo4 regulator laying in a box, I intended it for the Supermono, but that bike is still on the bench. I presume that regulator should ensure the Noco battery's charging current is free of too much rippple etc

Perhaps the Hawker battery is a safer bet, although it is 6kg instead of 1.5?

4.5kg on the Duc is not a lot, but I am, as always, a fan of light weight and quick steering on a streetbike. As the Duc has a slow steering, I could at least go for light as possible bike

I know the Hawker will last another 8-10 years, while a Lithium battery ca be destroyed overnight if abused the right way...

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc

Last edited by Anders; 05-26-2023 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added a line about a regulator