View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Site Sponsor

Had a chance to ride hasslbri's FSR 515 today and what an improvement over the 06 FSE 450 I've been riding on and off for the past year.

We were riding in six inches of snow with studded tires and that takes an aggressive riding style to keep it upright and in "attack mode" the bike handled extremely well. It actually flicks around like a 200 until you dump it and have to pick it up an then it feels like any other off-road 450 four-stroke.

The power delivery is very very smooth and the fuel map was perfect (at least for the 30 degree (f) air temperature.) It started hard a couple of times, usually after a crash, but always lit up after a couple of stabs at the e-button.

I rode a studded KTM 520 EXC a couple of winters ago and I still remember how much of a handful it was in the snow. The GG 515 is definately easier to handle under those same conditions. Mostly because the power delivery is so smooth, but I would have to say the handling is where the bike really shines, at least riding on frozen ground with six inches of snow cover.

I shot some video and stills of Brian and I'll try to have them up with some links tomorrow.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist

Last edited by Berkyboy; 02-23-2008 at 08:35 PM.