View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:01 AM

I think that if you pulled the flywheel, you'd find another stator under the flywheel. I've heard that both stators were used, but I'm not sure how they shared the vehicle's electrical loads.

Based on the quad diagram, it looks like only the external stator is connected on the yellow wire "small circle 31". Red wire "small circle 61" is used as the ground. The lighting output of the inner stator at "small circle 56" shows not connected.

If your outer stator is shot, it's possible that the yellow output wire from the inner stator could still be used to power your lights. You'll have to do a lot of wire tracing to figure out where everything goes. See if it matches the quad diagram.

I think the stock voltage regulator could be used with any of the windings. The other device in the diagram is a voltage rectifier to convert AC into DC only for the reversing motor (marked with a big "V"). That would not exist on your bike.

I have no idea on where to source parts. GMP might know if you were able to contact him through a Beta/Sherco forum (whatever he rides now). Jim Cook is the other guy who might know, try sending him a PM on this forum.