View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM

GMP: Why can't the TFI work immediately? It'll boot when you turn the power on. It's not running Windows, it should be initialised as fast as the ECU! Maybe it doesn't work straight away for some reason but there's no reason it couldn't work from 0 revs.

The advantage over VSDTS trim that the TFI appears to have is there are separate settings for idle, acceleration and wide open.

Incidentally the bike runs fine but it doesn't like starting. From cold it will crank forever on a closed throttle with absolutely no sign of life. I have to play a game where I open the throttle, start cranking, let the throttle close and if it catches keep it cranking for a while or it'll die again. On the kickstart I have only once managed to start it and it took a lot of kicking leaning against a tree. I'm assuming it's too lean to start but that is an assumption not proven fact.

It's a 2006 model by the way and I take the point about having more time than the dealer.
I took it to him and asked for the valve clearances to be checked and the fuel trimmed. He did that and gave me the settings before and after having richened it a little but admitted it wouldn't start any easier. The only noticeable difference is it takes longer to warm up.