View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Chris,

I bought a used extra 36mm Keihin PWK, to get it bored out to get more rev on an '07 300 w/o losing rideability on the bottom. I kept my stock carb stock just in case.

here's the funny part that I left out of the original post: I meant to use Dick's to do this, but I had not realized that he does it only in conjunction w/ the dial-a-jet, which makes it more than I wanted to spend. I had seen Ron's explanation on here of how to measure squish, which impressed me, & had linked to his price list & saw that he'd do it much cheaper; he installs a vane to compensate for the extra bore size, instead of the D-A-J.

he bored the carb to 38mm, & added the vane & ground down the slide for low end response. he tracked down some spare parts from his brother & expedited it all to me, & it performs exactly as advertised, even a little better: it is a little more responsive off the bottom, & revs out way better. he was truly a pleasure to deal with, & he answered all of my questions promptly, on what had to have been a relatively small job for him. great result + super service, not always a common thing in the m/c hop-up biz.