Thread: 2019 ec300 fuel
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Hi Herdy,

I would not recommend the 38 pilot jet. Had similar problems on my 2018 bike and after discussing the issue with James (Dean) he recommended not to use anything smaller than a 40 pilot jet.
The stock needle seems to be the problem and additionally the too high float level.
The Motul 800 has an incredibly high flash point of 253 degrees Celsius and if you are not a very fast rider being WOT most of the time its not the right oil. Other oils have a lower flash point and burn without residue and reduce spooge.
The 2018 and 2019 Gassers seem to produce more spooge than its predecessors. I know 4 guys owing 2018's, GP's as well as EC's they all have the spooge problem. One of them belongs to the fastest guys on the planet and is a factory rider and even his has a little spooge on the can.

Hope you'll get it sorted soon and can enjoy this brilliant bike.

BTW, it seems that the US petrol is different to what we use in Europe...

Cheers
Doc
Hi Doc
I took a ride out last night on the road to the test we are setting out for this weekends local enduro..with the 38 pilot in it was a lot smoother around the 1/8 throttle but still a bit messy around the 1/4 throttle on the road ...also a lot less pipe bang when shut off and rolling..
around the field test after a few drag races against a 19 250ec i did notice the revs hang up a little .so adjusted the air screw in to about 1 turn out and all was good..(there was a little spooge still on the pipe) ..it was starting to get a bit cold by then so might of made things a bit richer..

Today I have been thinking i will go back up to a 40 pilot for the enduro then see if i can get hold of a Suzuki or yam needle to try next weekend.
i am considering going on to the motal 710 ..like you say has a lesser flash point plus im getting older and wiser not faster

we had Danny McCannys 18 Gp practise bike out there as well and Juan knight as a test pilot..after a lap one each he reckons the my 19 standard is on par with the 18 GP