View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yep, I definitely learned a lesson, Won't happen again. Ya, I probably should have mentioned the incompatibility of the Barnett steel plates on the 2006 and up baskets also in my review.
My OEM steel plates always come out looking practically new so I didn't think much of it. But when I put the Barnett friction plates in with the OEM steel plates and tested the clutch and after only a few rides they came out discolored from the heat build up and I had to junk em cause I didn't want to chance them being warped really proved that OEM is the only way to go for me. What's strange is, the Barnett steel plates don't fit the 2006 basket but I could of swore I used the OEM steel plates from my 2004 in my 2006 basket. I may have just confused the many used spares I had waiting for emergency use as I was choosing the best I had on hand. Or are the OEM steel plates like the friction plates, where they will fit either basket design?

Anyhow, I'm sure I will be in touch for a new OEM clutch kit soon. Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!