View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah no need to have a whinge with a thread thats only been running a week and your grand total of 6 posts. Its not the right way to go about getting people to help.

I'd imagine to get you the measurements you want to fabricate a subframe you would want some accuracy which would include stripping the bike down. If you want some numbers that are roughly in the range I can go and run a tape measure where I think they go and post them up. Have you looked into the price of the complete change over kit? Its really quite cheap when you consider everything you get to do the job for only a few hundred dollars.

You also have options of seeing if you can find someone with a subframe for sale, or someone parting a bike out. Or you may be able to just buy one at the right price. If you asked nicely you may be able to get someone at GoFasters to measure one up if they have one in stock (to see if it will fit). Just because you have the skills to build your own doesn't mean it will always be the cheapest or easiest approach. You'd then have a stock subframe to measure up and clone if required. You could even produce your own to assist the other people who want to update their bikes.

All just thoughts, and hope no offense is taken.