Thread: broken clavicle
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The referral to TX is in with the insurance company. I called the insurance and the lady said they review it in 2-3 business days. That's not what the other lady said...I'm not holding my breathe.

My shoulder blade and shoulder socket area is really hurting when I using the sling. I also feel this pain if I have been standing a lot and haven't rested my shoulder. I've pretty much stopped using the sling...unless I go to the docs. The break point isn't to sore but my neck is. There's still a nice point on the collarbone. I wonder how my riding gear is going to feel rubbing on that if I can't get this fixed. I know my clothes feel terrible on it.

OT says I've come along way...would have been better with a plate. Right now I have full motion if I raise my whole arm up over my head. From the side I can only go about half way. It is also very hard to go across the front of my body. I have one finger that feels numb...that is better then the 3 I had a few days ago. Fun Fun Fun.

Updated: I found an orth doc up here that does work with the Acumed plate. I'm seeing him this Friday. Maybe he gets it more then the others... It seems crazy when I'm trying for TX but I have to have a backup plan.

Last edited by nhrider; 10-27-2009 at 11:09 AM.