View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 PM

I had a similar problem on an old tt600, the bike would run ok until it got hot then it would cough and splutter and then stop and not start again until it cooled down. i replaced the regulator rectifier and it fixed it right up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post
Hi all,

2005 DE300, no spark = no happy

The bike will actually start sometimes, but at more than 1/2 throttle runs badly. It seems like this problem progressed - intermittent one day, worse the next, wouldn't run the next.

It actually seems like after the bike heats up a bit, the problem worsens. After running for a few minutes, it dies and won't start again.

When I take out the plug, ground it, and crank over the engine I see a weak spark 1 time in 20.

I checked the wiring loom for breaks, and have replaced the coil. The ground is on the coil mounting bolt, right? I also disconnected the stop switch (I think)...black wire at the coil...

I've read a number of threads, and suppose a CDI swap is next - but wondered if the fact that it seems so worsen after warming up gives a clue as to the nature of the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff