View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 PM

Yes, the vent lines can be blocked from snow and the problem is temp related. At least the finns say so... That's why we protect the carb from snow and ice by placing in front and around of it a piece of "tent bed". The Finn in the board can confirm . I know for sure that the petrol from the stations for the winter period is different than the one offered in the other periods. It has to do with the ethanol you mention... And the liquid we use I think it has some "poly.." (I don't remember the word) and not ethanol in order not to absorb water. I have to confirm this.

I had to quit a race last year with the '98 EC frozen, full of ice around the carb, fouling plugs every ten minutes.. I run out of plugs and patient ... I don't want this to happen again. That's why I want to be very careful with the new bike. At least the 1st race last week went ok.

First thing is to reduce the amount of this liquid in the mixture and test. I just bought some Valvoline Competition semi-synthetic oil which is recomended only for enduro and mx and only for premix. Soon I will test it... The seller told me that (and following what is written in the gg manual..you can find the 07 manual from gasgasmotos.es) it is not recommended to use 100% syn oil for the 2T snowmobiles. Only semi-synthetic like the Motul snow power... It has to do with corrossion...

The next race is next week in an area with more snow. The bike will be ready for sure..!

Thank you for your replies!

Leon