View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

A simple 3 deg delay? That is pretty lazy. I'd assumed they had programmed several curves & tried them in difficult situations. . . because it works so well. Either way I like the wet function & use it probably 50% of the time, like yesterday when there was some tricky sections & unseasonable wet, but obviously our rainfall is far more than Auss.

I know 2 people with ISDE models which seem to be more aggressive power delivery. Both are experienced good riders & both leave them on the wet setting.

As far as the base setting goes you may have to test to find out. I fitted a road tyre to my 200 & dyno'd it. Often running higher comp one needs to retard ign a touch. Running high comp, close squish on 1/2 Av gas & 1/2 pump gas I found that std position worked best for this older no-switch ign.

You may find with new setup that it can't take more advance without detonation. Or you may find stock setting was pretty safe so as to cope with a multitude of crap gases one might encounter so more advance may be the ticket for your bike & gas. Maybe.

My point it test test test. If you care that much about 1/10ths. The 300 has all the power I ever ask for, and occasionally a tickle more than I wanted, but that's just my inner Muppet.