View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
He, of course, has RB head mod and is running: 40 pilot, 170 main, #7 slide, CCK #2.

BTW, you planning on riding the ec250? Love to hear your impressions if you do.
Hey Russ -

That's quite a bit leaner on the MJ than this came with, might look into going leaner if she feels fat up top (think I have a 175 MJ in my collection). I ordered the Yamaha needle (N3EG) and I'm going to throw that in this weekend to test. If it doesn't feel that good, I'll tell my brother-in-law to order the CCK. The bike hasn't had the head mod yet - that'll probably happen when I'm able to walk him through what needs to be done.

I'm sure I'll take a few spins on the 250 when we do the Tee Pee run at McCubbins the last weekend of May. Are you going? Anyway, my first impression on riding it up and down our gravel road is HOLY CARP - the thing has a crazy hit that launches the front wheel skyward through the first 3 gears. I mean, it's an insane hit that's pretty tough to control. I'm hoping the different needle will help smooth the transition and make it manageable - he's likely to put himself into a tree given how hard she hits. I'll be curious to see how she handles the trails, doesn't feel quite as nimble as my 200 - though I did notice the suspension was set pretty stiff, so that needs to be softened.