View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:56 PM

Default 98 ec250 carb and jetting

I fouled the plug in my 98 250 the other day and so I started looking into all the jetting threads here on the site. Not much here on that old of bike. Today I replaced the plug and the bike runs great, but I thought I should check what the current jetting is. I pulled the carb and this is what I found. It is a kehin pwk and it has S54A3 LG stamped just above the bowl. Main jet 165, pilot jet 35, needle n1ec in the fourth clip from the bottom, slide #7. Air screw is about 2 1/2 turns out. This is a smaller main and pilot than any one else is running. When I got the bike, I checked the plug and it was definitely darker than paper bag brown, but not too bad. So my question is... Is this a different carb than is on the 2003-5 models where everyone is running a 172-180 main and a 38+ pilot? Altitude here is around 1500 feet. The bike runs great but there is a slight hesitation just off idle. The plug was definitely wet fouled. It ran great earlier that day, I got home and hand washed it. About an hour later I fired it up, (2nd kick) and made it a couple blocks down my street and it bogged down and died. I was keeping the revs down so I would not bother the neighbors. Any advise would be helpful.