Thread: RK Tek head
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wypipo View Post
It?s a 220 CCA shorai. It?s the biggest I could find that would fit. Where did you get the 240?
It seems like the 220 CCA Shorai would be enough. One way to find out is to hook up to a bigger battery with known higher CCA just to find out if that works. For instance, I set a jet ski battery (360 CCA or so) on the subframe (since it wouldn't fit in the battery box) and attached the cables as a test. My bike started right up.

With a CCA that is too low, sometimes the engine will spin over just fine - it cranks nicely...and cranks, and cranks...without starting. I am with those who believe that there is a large amperage draw somewhere in the system (maybe the starter) which does not leave enough to create a strong spark.

Info. on an 240 CCA battery can be obtained from GG Tech Bulletin TB-GG-17-12 which I will send to you, thanks to Kiwigasgas (http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...t=23392&page=7).

Have your dealer contact GasGas USA per the bulletin. They recommend an Antigravity YTZ-8. My dealer only got $10 off of the list price; I had expected the discount to be higher. But there may have been some confusion in our communication with GG.

Don't stop trying things until you figure things out and get that starter fixed! It is possible, and you will be happy! It's a great bike

Jeff