View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 PM

Finally found the answer to a question I had a while back. The shock is an Ohlins 629-01 and came with both low and high slung reservoirs. On the very early 2000 bikes, the low slung is necessary to clear the subframe and is exacerbated by the 2007 subframe that currently sits on the bike.

Clearance is fine as is, but if I ever bought an 888 (05+ bikes I believe) I'm wondering if it would be possible to just use this reservoir and my clearance issues with the newer shocks would be non-existent. The other option is to cut and relocate the rear shock mount effectively raising the rear end 10 to 12mm, which might sit well with the Marzocchis that are roughly 10mm taller than the WP43s I pulled off. My rake is too relaxed and "choppery" feeling for my tastes and the Marzocchis are a frog's hair from touching the handlebars. Risers are an option but I already feel cramped on the GG at 6 foot tall. It's not THAT bad and extremely stable, but makes hair pin turns a chore without popping the front on one foot or power sliding.

Does anyone know the length of the 888? This might be the deciding factor on which is easiest vs what has the most parts support in the distant future. Thinking about this stuff makes my head hurt, I think the shock is just going to go off to LTR!

Has anyone offered 120mm pull rods? Longer ones seem more common.

Last edited by GGRider01; 06-01-2016 at 08:33 AM.