Thread: IRC tires
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 AM

If I rode only in the woods I would try the trials tires. I ride on everything, pavement included. I also jump my bike on MX tracks, both hard packed and sandy, wet loamy tracks also.

I have tried hard packed tires (Michelin HP4's) only to learn that they work about the same as any other knobby anyway.

Along with the VE33, I was looking at the M5B as well.

I think it is true what they say about our sport whether you ride street, dirt, trials, enduro, circle track, stunt, etc. Anything with two wheels and a motor. The prices of bikes, parts, maintenance, track fees, entry fees, gas, oil, and gear make the sport very expensive. Expensive to where it takes a significant amount of money out of your paycheck every two weeks. Us older guys with the money coming in are the ones supporting this industry.

When I was a kid, my first bike was a 1983 Yamaha pw80k. $600 brand new and I mowed lawns to get it. I didn't have a jersey or moto boots. We went to Walmart and got a Bell open face helmet with the 3 snap visor. I wore hiking boots and jeans with a sweatshirt. Yamalube 2S was cheap and so were the 12" and 14" tires, and the 420 chain and sprockets.

OK..... off of my soapbox!!