View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 01:40 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschutt View Post
if im not buying a good bike someone tell me!!
I ride a 2015 EC200. The '17 models are very similar to the '15s. They are good bikes, I like my 15 very much and have invested quite a bit in it (suspension etc) and am planning to keep it for at least one more year. Now it has passed 200 hours and no problems so far. I have replaced the piston twice. The chassis suits me well.

The '17 is the last of the previous generation Gasgas, and considered "old fashion". Hence, lower value. I have little experience with the current ('18 and '19) bikes, but they are generally considered to be better, more modern bikes.

The quality is OK, and the price of these bikes is (and will be) considearbly lower than the new generation.
I have never had any problems getting parts. The only thing you may experience as a problem is parts for the Marzocchi forks. Seals and bushes are readily available, but other internal parts that are unique to that fork may be a problem. But if the Marzocchi isn't serviceable anymore (in a few years time), a KYB fork swap is pretty stright forward.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc