View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSchmidt View Post
I have to warn you against the new rekluse dual system.

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/yam...model-fitment/

First off all, It's just a overpriced "hope" MTB brake master with a Rekluse logo.

Second, is the worst part, the dual action is optained by changing the lid of the original foot operated master to a new Rekluse lid with a thread to fit the brakeline from the LHRB.

That means when you use the LHRB you pressurize the original master from the top, and the brakefluid reservoir is NOT designed to take that kind of pressure!!:eek

My friend fit the system on his GG 300 and it was actually working good, untill he while braking, heard a loud "POP" and the LHRB lost all pressure and his right boot was soked in brakefluid, the level check window in the foot master was gone leaving him with a big hole in his rear master..
I hope this is not the new norm for Rekluse. I have the older system that I purchased in 07' and back then they had a sleeve that slid down inside the rear MC that sealed with an O-ring. If the o-ring is not in place then you would have a problem. I will say that Rekluse does RAPE the consumer on the LHRB kits.