View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:09 AM

Thanks guys,

Brad's 2011 250 is jetted reasonably for our riding conditions here, but he's not quite as enthusiastic about jetting as I am about it on the Ktm... LOL Between us we have a pretty good selection of needles and I have jets of every conceivable size.

Lots of good stuff there, I will certainly look at the fork fluid levels, that hadn't actually crossed my mind. What is the target level we should be aiming for? He's about 165lbs before gear. It sounds like the 12' forks are a much improved stock version over years past, so I'm hoping after reading some of the posts here that suspension shouldn't require more than a few clicker adjustments to get close.

Grips and such will all be taken care of when we add bark busters and all the rest. He is bringing his own grips, pegs, and other bits, so the bike will be set up as close to what he is used to here. I'm sure after the first 7hr day he'll be plenty used to it!

We'll be putting at least 5hrs on the bike before impound, changing oil, getting the suspension to break in, and just putting some miles on the thing. It will be doused in Locktight too...

Thanks,

g