View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

From there it was down Wolf Foot, over to Thin Wolf and the start of the Cedar Ridge sections. The first section of Cedar Ridge is one that has always caused me to grimace; the first little jaunt isn't too bad, but the 2nd section climbing up into the forest is typically 2-3 attempts for my unskilled arse. Of course, all the other guys made it the first go, so I figured I better at least put in a good show. It wasn't pretty, but it worked - made it to the top and we kept motoring.

Navigating by GPS is always a bit dicey when you're in the woods; I thought we were going to come out on the logging road just north of where Muesial Creek starts - turns out we should have taken that left at Alba-corkey (lol) and instead ended up slightly off track. Down a slight drop and then heading back out to hook up with Muesial Creek.

Muesial Creek was awesome, the rutted climb wasn't too bad and the whole trail was just fun...and I dig the new bridge (thanks for getting it in!). We wound back around and did a bunch of the Muesial Ridge sections and then doubled back on Cedar Ridge to hit Frankenstein. I love Frankenstein - such a frickin' fun trail. We bombed that and enjoyed the gully.

Thanks to one of the times I was out with my TSF veteran buddy, I know how to skip a bunch of road with Wolf Point. Had a great time riding that over to Outback - removed a root from part of the trail that was causing grief and also came across the only other bikes that day...including another GG. Not sure if they're members here, but it was great to see another group out enjoying the day.