View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM

Sorry for the late response, but I only check this forum from time to time. I'm certainly no expert, but I'll share what I do know. The 06 arms with 4x1 wheels will put you at about 47". Of course the spacers on the rear axle will let you decide what to do there. My local Gas Gas dealer supplied me with the OEM arms, knuckles, and tie rods. The 06 knuckles have 10 degrees of caster compared to the 04 (and I believe 03) 15 degrees. This makes the quad much lighter to steer and much easier on the arms. You could probably cut the old tie rods down and rethread them, but I went with the 06 rods for ease of assembly and to keep the 52" option if I choose.
The stock Olins work fine with either setup.
My three best riding buddies have the Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki 450s so we get to swap up and race each each other often. The Gas Gas has the best suspension and brakes of the group. In a drag race, it will hold it's own off the line and leave all three on top end. The tie rods, A arms, etc... are much stronger and I haven't bent mine yet despite several encounters with trees. Includingthis last Monday when one of my buddies drove the Gasser into a tree and broke his wrist. The Gasser is unhurt.
The Gas Gas feels bigger, plusher, and more stable than the others. Plus they all have tons of aftermarket products that my Gasser came with but they shelled out big bucks for. The one with the Kawasaki is still waiting on some stuff to complete his package.
All in all, I'm very happy with mine and only plan to add a set of HiPer wheels to stop me from dinging my aluminum ones.