View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Hey Clay I know its early on and you cant make everyone happy but thought I would mention a couple simple things that shouldn't add any cost to the msrp that I would like to see changed on the US standard model E start bikes.

Please can the factory lose the key switch for a button like a Yamaha WR. Location of key switch also makes Mx number plate mounting impossible without relocation.Ya its kind of cool to be able to take the key out for added security but its also kind of a worry.

Also change the gigantic dual sport handlebar switch set up for the E start and kill switch for a smaller design, or just have 2 separate buttons, a kill switch and a start button like most enduro models. When you cut the bars down things get tight in a hurry if your running enduro equipment with that behemoth.
The brake light sensor plug ins can also go. funny there even there as they aren't plugged in to anything and they don't include a tail light. If the bikes become road legal in the future or are easily made so, then I can understand including.

Black rims suck on an offroad bike they look good on the show room but it ain't long and they look like hell.

Oh and a question, is there a MX # plate meant for the 2011 bikes? I swap back and forth between a headlight and MX plate so I need to rig something. Thinking of using the older DE MC plates from past years if there is nothing specific or even from a different brand that fits like it was made for the bike.

I think its a huge 1 up over KTM that these bikes come with the headlight and spark arrestor. Please express that we want to keep them as standard equipment!

Roscoe

Roscoe,
I agree on the key. It's on my list.
I'm getting mixed reaction to the "big switc". Racers hate it. Dual sport guys like it. Same with the brake light sensors.
I understand the black rim comment but have you looked at the 2011 KTM with silver rims? It looks really dull to me.
The Euros don't get the number plate thing. it's on my list for next year.
I totally agree on the headlight and SA.
Thanks for the comments!
Clay