View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 09:21 PM

My bike does exactly what yours does. It will start cold with one kick, yet on the button, the starter will spin the motor but the bike won?t start. I was on a ride with 2 x 300GP?s recently that both started cold @ 7c first stab of the starter. Go figure. Hence, I don?t buy all this ?You gotta warm up a lithium battery..? stuff. My RR started with the same battery every time - I never used the kickstart once in one 12 month period.

It seems obvious that the electrical system (on some ?18 bikes) is sending too much current to the starter & not enough to the spark plug lead. My Skyrich 220cca Li-Ion battery charges at 13.64v @ 3000rpm & holds 13.5v idle.

I never attempt to start mine cold on a ride on the button & the starter mostly works fine (even in gear on hills when the bike is warmed up). But, coming off a Beta I need to readjust my expectations of starters.

I?m trying!

Yes, I still love the bike!!

Ps - just got the head modded by TSP in Melbourne to drop squish from 2.3mm to around 1.5mm - will report when I get out again..