View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveheritage View Post
I picked up my ec 300 Early July to find that none of the starter issues have been dealt with? Wtf? I thought Gasgas had this figured out
And why wouldn?t they make sure it was all set before selling it?
I contacted the dealer and they offered to send me the upgraded ground cable and said I might have to send my CDI yo have it sent out to correct the starting issue. And this comes at the peak of riding season. I think gas gas should send the proper fix!!! Has anyone else have had to deal with this issue??
It is certainly unfortunate that you're having some issues.. My '18 has been perfect from day 1. Always starts every time from dead cold or hot. I've yet to use the kickstarter with over 1500km's on it..

However, The recommended repair by your dealer should fix the issue. The new GasGas/Torrot company has been fantastic about facing issues head on. And they've released a tech bulliten and an ECU reflash for this problem that has fixed the issue for everyone I've heard of having it.
Simply replace the battery cables as per supplied by GasGas and send your ECU for a reflash and you should be good to go. They had my ECU reflashed and back in my hands within the week when I sent it to them. It's admirable that GasGas is facing this small glitch head on instead of ignoring it or pretending it hasn't happened like so many other companies have done with similar problems.