View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2w
Hi

Could one of you with the GP Rad Braces please post a pic of the unit, or provide some dimensions of it? I'd like to see if it would work *with* my existing billet guards.

Added strength would be good.

I despise the little held-nut mechanism for the lower shroud mount.

Specifically:
1) How long are the male threads which attach to the frame (since the billet guards are quite thick in that area)?
2) How do you screw the braces in in the first place? Is there a flat which you can grab with a wrench?
3) How long is the tubular part of the brace?

Regards.

Dale
1) 0.80-0.82 inches for the modified CRD brace set up I run, which does not have any added metal part on the inside. You would need to add the the thickness of the guard mount to the thread length.
2) Since I run the stock louvers, I just use pliers on the rounded part, since I can access it in front of the radiator. If you run a radiator guard, then it gets more challenging.
3) 4.90 inches long provides minimal clearance between the brace and the radiator. I now use GP braces that are 5.10 inches to provide more clearance between my modified CRD brace and the radiator to provide a bit more room for brace deformation/deflection on impact. You would need to shorten these lengths correspondingly by the thickness of the inner guard mount, since it offsets the brace out.