View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Default LTR jetting what am I missing.

What comes with the LTR jet kit?. Is there charts etc that come from LTR that help in making adjustments. I bought my 05EC250 used and the previous owner put on the LTR PV cover and jets. I think it might be set for to high of elavation where I am, (bike is set for 3500 to 4000 feet) I ride at 2500 to 3000 feet and would like to be able to ride anywhere from 1000 up. I asked LTR about this and got back that I should be OK but was directed to increase the main to 175 or 178 (currently172) and pilot (currently 42) up to 45. Should I have all these jets with the kit?. I have the 175 main but don't have anything else. Does it matter if the jets are LTR jets and how do you tell. I have not had time to ride any distance (due to the cold and snow here) but I have ran it a bit. It starts in a heated garage after four or five kicks ( that's OK) and it runs good and strong but did have a mid to high rpm stumble (that appears to have cleaned up) I blamed the stumble on being idled off and on in the garage during the really cold weather. I looked at the sparkplug after a very short run and it looked dark. I think because of to short of run . I can't wait to get it out. Any info here would be great. I have also tried the previous owner and LTR with these questions but haven't heard back yet.