View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshplaster View Post
Thanx for saying it. I read the other threads around jetting, the GG 250 twosmoke specifically, and that is exactly the impression I got. That is why I asked for myself. Is it possible that every bike, different groups of bikes or certain years may all require such different jetting at the same elavation.??? I would like to ask if those who have had other bikes ie Honda, Yammy, or kawi or even GG's from different years where they have seen a wide range of jetting at the same location. I don't want to make a mountain out of this but how hard can getting the right mix of fuel to the spark plug be. Thanx from one less experienced.
there's quite a few factors that effect. the biggest i think is personal taste but also pipe, reeds, fuel (inc oil) & environmentals. in the uk everyone is mostly on the same sheet but we have very homogenous terrain & climate being a small country. i also think our fuel is the same across the country. 80% of US jetting doesn't work in UK. we all want tight woods, smooth power where many US guys want more MX like hit for open, dry terrain.