View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybars View Post
I'm hoping Woodsrider will give us an update on his EFM auto clutch. Has it performed well with more miles on it? Any maintenance needed?
A bit late, but I'll try and give a quick synopsis. I've had the EFM autoclutch in my '01 XC300 for almost 11 months. Since then I've ridden the bike in 10 enduros. Stalling is a thing of the past. Officially I finished the NETRA Enduro Season 3rd in Vet-C. I was in first until I took high-point C at the Wrentham Woodie Enduro and got promoted to B. Ended up 5th in B-Heavy (Open).

Originally the autoclutch came with 4 ea. 0.015" washers behind the basket. I had to play around with this and ended up pulling three of the washers out. The set-up instructions aren't as good as those I've seen on the Rev-Loc auto-clutch. When trying to pull too high of a gear the clutch does squeal. However, adding another 0.015" washer (two wahsers now installed) has minimized this squeal.

For fluid I'm using 50/50 Type F ATF/10w-30 motor oil in warm weather and straight Type F ATF in winter. The squeal is most likely indicative of friction plate wear. It has helped me keep the bike in the correct gear rather than just lug it.